Fire Alarm Services
Expert fire alarm installation and maintenance In Bristol
We design, supply, Install and maintain fire alarm installations throughout Bristol and surrounding areas. Firelec is a Construction line gold accredited company, with all of our team undergoing DBS checks and receiving the latest training. Our fire alarm systems are compliant with BS 5839 and in addition to installing wireless or wired alarms we can also maintain your current system to a high standard.
Working throughout Bristol
Firelec is available to carry out fire alarm systems and smoke alarm services in your property in Bristol. We also carry out services in Bath, Swindon, Somerset, Gloucester, Cheltenham ,south wales & the south west. With free site surveys, skilled technicians, and a service that is truly tailored to your needs, let Firelec protect your home or business from the threat of fire.
Fire Alarm Maintenance
It is a legal requirement that a fire alarm maintenance schedule is in place. The minimum requirement is that the system is serviced on a bi-annual basis. However, the frequency of the service can be increased to suit the size of the fire alarm system or building.
Our service engineer will:
• Test each call point or zone at each visit
• Test each detection device
• Inspect each detector for damage
• Test the battery and standby period
• Check if the zone plan is accurate and no changes have been made to the premises
• Check alarm functions and visuals
• Check the cause and effect of automatic actions, such as lifts and gas supply, and investigate any reported faults or false alarms
The engineer will issue a service certificate detailing the content of the test including any faults. All work is carried out to comply with the appropriate British Standards: BS 5839-1:2017.